The Sports Medicine Institute
The Sports Medicine Institute at OAM offers the resources and capabilities — treatments, referrals, consultations and technology — of a larger organization, while delivering personalized care and specialized programs. This means the Institute provides diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up that gets athletes back in the game more quickly, with reduced pain and increased function.
The Sports Medicine Institute physicians are focused on athletes - from the little leaguer to the college quarterback, from the weekend warrior to the professional competitor. This team of specialists are members of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), and have subspecialty fellowship training and certification specific to orthopaedic sports medicine. Academic appointments, educational roles, and other professional associations keep Institute physicians experts in the sports medicine field.
Why we do what we do.
The Sports Medicine Institute at OAM was established to ensure that athletes have the best possible chance to enjoy long and active sports participation. In addition to providing excellent diagnosis, treatment, and therapy, the Institute takes an active role in prevention and follow-up. Read more about our comprehensive list of Specialties & Services.
- Minimally invasive surgery: arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff & labral repairs; arthroscopic knee surgery & ligament reconstruction; elbow & ankle arthroscopy; tendon repair
- Comprehensive shoulder surgery: total shoulder replacement; reverse total shoulder replacement
- Injury prevention: clinics & lectures; Certified Jump Training therapists
- Joint preservation: cartilage restoration, meniscus transplantations
- Partial knee replacements
- State-of-the-art care for faster, easier recovery and improved results
- On-site X-ray and MRI units for immediate, accurate diagnosis
- Consultant services for a variety of high school and college teams
- Field/court/locker room presence to provide services during games
- Saturday Prompt Care Clinics to see and treat acutely injured athletes during football season