What is Physical Medicine
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), also called physiatry, is a branch of medicine emphasizing the prevention, diagnosis and non-operative treatment of disorders especially in relation to nerves, muscles, bones and joints.
Physical Medicine Services
Patients with acute back or neck pain often believe surgery is their only option. But the physicians at the OAM Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Center have assembled an entire team of specialists skilled in non-operative diagnostic and treatment procedures who are committed to increasing patient options and reducing the need for surgery.
Our highly trained physicians have performed over 25,000 EMGs and over 50,000 spinal injections over the years. We pride ourselves on the professional relationships that we share with each patient; our physicians spend the necessary time with each patient to thoroughly understand their unique problem and/or concerns.
What We Offer
- On site diagnostics such as EMG, spinal injections, X-ray and MRI to help identify the source of pain.
- Physicians specifically trained to coordinate a team approach that may include your PCP, surgeons, therapists and other specialists.
- PMR doctors who work on a daily basis with OAM spine surgeons, so communication is seamless.
- We get to know our patients’ lifestyles and goals to better understand individual treatment needs and offer more viable options.
- Leaders in the insurance industry have recognized OAM for helping reduce back surgery rates, thus keeping costs down.