Physicians & Staff
The staff of our Hand & Upper Extremity Center includes orthopedic surgeons, fellowship trained in surgeries of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder, including microsurgery, joint replacement, and reconstruction. Our physicians are supported by an expert team of highly trained physical therapists, nurses, radiologists, and other key professionals working together to provide expert care for injuries, deformities, and diseases of the hand and upper extremities.
Julian E. Kuz MD
A Minnesota native, Dr. Kuz's professional interests include problems and surgery of the wrist, elbow and shoulder, joint replacement, and surgery of the hand including reconstruction after trauma or arthritis. Sports injuries, reconstructing elbow and wrist injuries for stiffness, and children's hand conditions are also areas of special attention for Dr. Kuz.
Dr. Kuz has authored over a dozen scientific articles, a book chapter, and two books on Civil War medicine. Out of the office, you may find Dr. Kuz alpine and telemark skiing, kayaking, kitesurfing or sailing.
- Specialty training in Hand Surgery and Microsurgery: University of Minnesota, MN
- Medical degree: University of Minnesota, MN
- Undergraduate degree: University of Minnesota, MN
Achievements and Honors
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery & Hand Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- Associate Clinical Professor in Surgery at Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Co-author of a chapter in the third edition of the Atlas of Amputations and Limb Deficiencies:
- Surgical, Prosthetic, and Rehabilitation Principles
- Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Reviews articles for scientific orthopaedic journal
- Author of several published scientific papers on upper extremity surgery topics
- Author of two books