Physicians & Staff
Thomas M. Matelic MD
Dr. Matelic specializes in the prevention and treatment of injuries in athletes of all ages.
His orthopaedic specialties are sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, total joint reconstruction and ligament reconstruction and repair.
Dr. Matelic is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with additional fellowship training in orthopaedic sports medicine. His continued goal is to preserve the normal function of the musculoskeletal system, allowing his patients to maintain active, productive and enjoyable lifestyles. Dr. Matelic is a team physician for many local high school, collegiate and professional athletic teams.
Learn more about Dr. Matelic's affiliation with OAM Institute of Sports Medicine.
- Medical Degree - Wayne State University Medical School
- Undergraduate Degree - Princeton University
- Fellowship - Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Wayne State University
- Residency and Internship - Orthopaedic Surgery, Wayne State University, General Surgery, Wayne State University
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine- ABOS
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship training
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedics
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Kent County Medical Society
- Michigan Orthopedic Society
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Princeton University Alumni Association
- Wayne State University Medical Alumni Association