Physicians & Staff
The staff of our Physical Medicine Center includes fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeons specializing in pain management, electrodiagnostic medicine, physical medicine, and nonsurgical management of spine and musculoskeletal disorders. Our physicians are supported by an expert team of highly trained physical therapists, nurses, radiologists, and other key professionals working together to provide expert care in physical medicine.
James R. Ellis MD
Dr. Ellis specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation, electrodiagnostic medicine and pain management. He is board certified in all three areas.
Dr. Ellis is dedicated to the outpatient management of musculoskeletal disorders, including neck and back pain, sports medicine, occupational injuries and EMG.
Marking HeadlinesWatch Dr. Ellis' interview on WZZM News regarding weather-related injuries from shoveling snow or slipping and falling on ice.
- Medical Degree - Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree - Michigan State University
- Residency and Internship - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, William Beaumont Hospital, Preliminary Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital
- Academy Special Interest Groups - Industrial Rehabilitation, Pain Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Fellow, American Association of Electro Diagnostic Medicine
- Kent County Medical Society
- Michigan Orthopedic Society
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Physiatric Association of Sports, Spine & Occupational Rehabilitation